Tuesday, October 18, 2011

wo/Oct 17 2011 Memo


Dear Junior G.S. Parents,

A couple of things...

1)  A huge hug and thank you to all of the mom's who assisted at the Troop meeting on Thursday night!  I want you to know how much I appreciated it that you 'grabbed the reigns' and set up for the s'more's and the songs we sang!  A great time seemed to be had by all who participated!  Rain or shine, we Girl Scouts know how to have a great time!!!

2)  I will be picking up my order from the G.S. shop at 20 S. Clark Street on Thursday this week.  If you have placed an order (or if you will be placing an order) for your daughter's AMUSE Journey book, her uniform, etc., please let me know and I will be happy to pick up your order while I'm there!  Placing an order is easy on-line and you can select that it will be picked up at the downtown location!  Go to: www.girlscoutsgcnwi.org.  The Amuse Journey book is $7.00.

3)  Fall Product Sale packages were distributed at our meeting this past Thursday.  We are asking that each of the girls, at a minimum, complete the 'Subscription Connection' booklet by placing a total of 7 names and addresses of relatives and friends of the family, teachers, doctors, dentists, etc. on the forms provided and submit the completed booklet to us!  For every completed booklet, our Troop #21397 will receive $2.00.  

We also ask that the girls do the best they can to try and sell candy and nuts, along with magazine subscriptions.  Our troop will be receiving 15% of the total sales as our incentive. 

The deadline date for Fall Product orders submitted is actually a week from today, Sunday, October 23rd.  Leaders must key-in all orders on Monday, October 24th prior to 5 p.m.  Therefore, we have a very short time frame to work within.   Since we will not be meeting again until Thursday, October 27th, I must ask you to please drop off your daughters' orders and the completed 'Subscription Connection' booklets to my apartment no later than Sunday, October 23rd!  

My address is: 5734 N. Artesian Avenue, Apt. #1.  The names of Volpe and Connolly are on the doorbell.  If no one is home, please slide your order packet through the mail slot in the front door.  I'll pick it up when I arrive at home!  Our apartment is 1 block west of Western Avenue and 1.5 blocks north of Bryn Mawr.  It is a one-way street going northbound.  The building is right in front of a fire hydrant on the left side of the street.  Easy to drop off here!  My cell phone is 847-778-7657 if you get lost or need additional directions.  (If you do not drive, please connect with me and we can make special arrangements.)

4)  Our Halloween Party is booked for Thursday, October 27th from 6 pm. to 7:15 p.m.  Costumes are optional.  We will have a craft, games, story-telling, and a special treat for the girls to take home with them!   There will be room upstairs above the meeting area for the parents to group if they would like to!  

I hope that everyone who went to White Pines over this weekend had an enjoyable experience!  Sorry I could not make it this time, but will try to the next time!

As always, please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Lisa Volpe, Co-Leader
Flora Caputo, Co-Leader
Jr. Troop #21397 - Queen's

No comments:

Post a Comment